Employment and Labor Law
One of the most active legal areas in today's commercial environment is employment and labor law, and our firm is uniquely positioned to provide an array of services to both employers and employees. By offering our professional expertise and insights on "both sides of the fence," our attorneys are particularly sensitive to understanding how the other side may be thinking and viewing a client's predicament. As a result, we have been markedly successful in working out solutions short of litigation, but at the same time we are well skilled in defending or prosecuting our client's position when cases end up in state and federal courts or before the numerous agencies that have jurisdiction over employment issues.
- Counseling on human resources matters
- Employment handbooks
- Separation and termination agreements
- Wage and hour compliance
- Family and Medical Leave Act compliance
- Unemployment compensation guidance
- Drug testing
- Government regulation
- Employee benefits
- Employee discipline and termination
- Restrictive covenants and agreements, including non-competition, confidentiality and non-solicitation
- ERISA interpretation
- Employment policy development
- Labor negotiations
- Collective bargaining issues
- Drafting and enforcement of Social Media Policies
- Severance package reviews
- Discrimination cases
- Unlawful harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of employment contracts
- Discipline and termination issues
- Disability benefits
- Retirement plan rights
- Personnel record access
- Overtime rights
- Wage and hour
- Employee rights counseling
Our litigation services include addressing the vast array of employment-related claims in courts and agencies such as the EEOC, NLRB, DOL, IDHR and OSHA, as well as various state and local agencies. We litigate claims for employment-related torts such as retaliatory discharge, interference and privacy, wage disputes and overtime compensation matters.
We have notable experience in the negotiation of labor union collective bargaining agreements for employees in both the private and public sectors, as well as dispute resolution under grievance and arbitration procedures.
Employment and labor issues have become extremely active areas that affect our business and individual clients alike. Our team is well equipped to serve you in this area of the law.